I don't understand what a main element is

I don't understand what a main element is
0.0 0

So far I have the code

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>
<section>
<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>

<p>Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched</p>

The instructions say “You should have one main element”
“The main element should have two paragraph elements as children”
“The opening main tag should come before the first paragraph tag” and
“The closing main tag should come after the second closing paragraph tag.”

Those are actually your test cases, not the instructions…

The directions say Wrap the paragraphs with an opening and closing main tag.

Also check out the explanation of what a tag is that comes before the directions…

I don’t want to just give you the answer outright…hoping that by re-reading what a tag is and what the directions are telling you to do will help guide you in the right direction :slight_smile:

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into the forum, precede it with a line of three backticks and follow it with a line of three backticks to make easier to read. See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard. The “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) will also add backticks around text.

https://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_semantic_elements.asp

As you’re learning HTML5 keep this page up. This gives you a list of all HTML5 elements AKA tags.

Generally when asked to wrap text or other elements in something, it needs an open and close tag. The text tells you which tag to use.

Thank you so much! I needed this