I have a question about `dividers` and `hr`

Step 57

The advantage to creating these dividers is that you can apply specific classes to style them individually. Add dbl-indent to the class for your last .divider .

What is the difference between divider-s and hr-s? You can also style the hr elements, no? …

.divider in this case is a class, hr is an element

also the hr element has a semantic meaning

The <hr> HTML element represents a thematic break between paragraph-level elements: for example, a change of scene in a story, or a shift of topic within a section.

Historically, this has been presented as a horizontal rule or line. While it may still be displayed as a horizontal rule in visual browsers, this element is now defined in semantic terms, rather than presentational terms, so if you wish to draw a horizontal line, you should do so using appropriate CSS.

without more context I can’t answer - step 57 of which project? can you give the link?

1 Like

No… I finished step but I was having just a question about those two…

the link to the challenge gives more context to your question even if you don’t need help in solving it

Step 57

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.