I need help on my test suit template

I need help on this step: For the name, email, and number input fields inside the form I can see corresponding labels that describe the purpose of each field with the following ids: id=“name-label”, id=“email-label”, and id=“number-label”. Here is a link to my pen https://codepen.io/Jamescodes/pen/WNbEYVL.

look at the first line below the failed user story, it will give a clearer reason for which the user story is failing
for example you need to resolve this:

#name-label is not defined

It does say label not defined. How can I fix that?

do you have an element with that id?

<label for="name">name:</label>
  <input type="text" id="name" placeholder="Name" required>
  <button type="submit">Submit</button>
  <br></br>

<label for="email">email:</label>
  <input type="email" id="email" placeholder="Email" required></input>
<button type="sumbit">Submit</button>
  <br></br>

<label for="number">number:</label>
  <input type="number" id="number" min=1 max=100 placeholder="Age">

the question stay, do you have an element with that id? (do you remember what an id is?)

I do know what an id is. I gave my labels names, and I matched them with the ids of the input elements.

and you did a good job there, but the user story is asking something else: you need to give a specific id to a specific element, and the id you need to use is the required one

I’m not sure why it says not defined because I gave the labels a for="name"or “email” or “number”. Does this not define them? If not, what does?

but have you ever used the required id? you need to use the #name-label id

you never used that id, so it say it is not defined

Would that id be: id=“name-label”, id=“email-label”, and id=“number-label”?

well, that is what the user story say…

User Story #10: For the name, email, and number input fields inside the form I can see corresponding labels that describe the purpose of each field with the following ids: id="name-label" , id="email-label" , and id="number-label" .

So… I need to include the #name-label id in the label?

1 Like

try to do it, see what happens

<label for="name-label">name:</label>
  <input type="text" id="name-label" placeholder="Name" required>
  <br></br>

I did this. I’m not sure if I’m just not understanding something or what, but now I only pass 4/17 of the tests.

it doesn’t seem you have given an id to the label element

why didn’t you do what you said?

I figured it out. I was a little confused between the for and the id. Thank you for your time!

1 Like