I need help with my first technical documentation project for FCC

i keep getting an error for this

1. On regular sized devices (laptops, desktops), the element with id=“navbar” should be shown on the left half of the screen. It should always be visible to the user and should remain stationary. You may need to enlarge the viewport or zoom out to ensure the navbar doesn’t scroll with the page content.

here is my link help would be greatly appreciated because i dont understand why it is wrong
[my technical documentation]

Welcome to the forums @LongLive_abel.

When a test fails click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.
Be sure and read more than just the first line of the failing message. The ability to read and comprehend error messages is a skill you’ll need to acquire as a developer. Ask questions on what you don’t understand.
The full failing message says;

On regular sized devices (laptops, desktops), the element with id="navbar" should be shown on the left half of the screen. It should always be visible to the user and should remain stationary. You may need to enlarge the viewport or zoom out to ensure the navbar doesn't scroll with the page content.
Left of bounding rectangle is not correct.: expected 8 to be at most -601.5
AssertionError: Left of bounding rectangle is not correct.: expected 8 to be at most -601.5

I want you to be aware that most times the message contains information that will help you to resolve the issue. This message is a bit vague though.
Looking at your page you’ll notice the navbar does scroll when the user scrolls the page. One of the parameters of the test was that the navbar does not scroll with the page.
Looking at your code the text in the navbar is aligned to the left. There is a difference between aligning text to the left and fixing the position of the navbar to the left.

A couple of things I noticed when taking a quick look at your code;

• Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML syntax/coding errors you should be aware of and address.
      Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • Be wary of duplicating selectors in CSS. I can make maintenance harder.

Hope that helps.

hi thank you for responding and yes i have read past the first line but i still cant figure out why it isnt working or how to get it to work i am new to coding and i have been using FCC for about two weeks and i couldnt figure out anyway for this error to be fixed

As I said, the message is a bit vague. The rest of the quoted text was a hint as to what you need to look at.
Two weeks is not much time to pick up all the concepts that were introduced in the lessons. Here is a lesson on positioning that you can review that will help.

i appreciate all the help i knew i had to do position: fixed;
i just didnt like how it made my page look so i added some more coding and changed the look but i appreciate the help and i will definitely be using the resourceyou provided, thank you!