I need help with this challenge HTML

There’s another way to associate an input element’s text with the element itself. You can nest the text within a label element and add a for attribute with the same value as the input element’s id attribute.

Associate the text Loving with the checkbox by only nesting the text Loving in a label element and place it to the right side of the checkbox input element.

1 Like

Hi @PatrickEssien !

Welcome to the forum!

Can you please let us know the issue you are having?
This sounds like one of the beta challenges

1 Like

Hello,
this is my solution and i have tried different approach and I can seem to get it.

<input id="Loving" type="checkbox">
            <label for="Loving"> </label>
4 Likes

Can you also send over the link to the challenge so I can test it on my end?

But just lookin at your code, it looks like you are missing the text here

It looks like the label text should be Loving.

3 Likes

There are two issues with your code.

No.1:
You are missing the Loving text for the label here

No.2:
You are not supposed to capitalize the word loving here

Once you fix those issues, then the test will pass

2 Likes

Thank you. will revert back

Thank you so much. I have corrected it as advised. it has passed

5 Likes
<label for="loving">Loving</label>
12 Likes

HI @josezafenat !

Welcome to the forum!

If you need help with a challenge, please create a new post with your code and challenge and link and people would be happy to help you there.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@josezafenat
Thank you so much for the assistance, the vague wording of this alternative to associating the input text is just confusing. I have spent so much time going back and forth with some of the forum participants. Now that I have written the code and matched to the very vague explanation, I see how this now works. It is so helpful to have someone assist and offer an answer instead of the run around.

hello
sorry to bother, kinda new and have no idea how to post
I have the same problem as Patrick’s but the solution isn’t sufficient for me
the challenge still fails

<label for="loving"> Loving </label>
      </label>
1 Like

Hi @1angas !

Welcome to the forum!

You can create a new post by clicking on the new topic button on the homepage of the forum

From there you can add the challenge link and write your code so we can help you.
For example:

Here is how to write code in the forum.

When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (’).

2 Likes