I need to create a very Basic Website with Python

Hi Everyone,

It would be great if you could point me to any resources which can help me to build basic websites in python.
My goal is to create basic websites for certain ideas i have, without spending much time learning css or javascript.
Would prefer to do it in Python, as this will help me gain experience in programming python as well.

I would like to spend my majority of time in learning Machine Learning, but to get this ideas out there, I think its better if I know to create some basic websites.

Really helpful if you could share your thoughts on this.

You don’t need a programming language to create a simple web site, you just need HTML and CSS. That is, not unless you need some dynamic functionality or features, or you need some backend functionality.

There are also Python Web frameworks like Django and Flask but that seems a little overkill if all you need is a simple web page.

What are you going to use the site for?

1 Like

The website I am planning to build is for amazon sellers in India. I am myself a seller, there are some things I like to try out and if its works it can be useful for others as well.

I am thinking about using jupyter notebooks and create web apps with it.

Any thoughts on this?

Also, I think its better if i have some basic knowledge on creating websites, so that I can test out the ideas.

@akshaypt7 Hi. To build the website you are thinking of you can use Python but you will need the following items.

• HTML and CSS to build the frontend of the website.
  • A web framework so that Python can connect to the frontend like Flask, Django, Pyramid, Web2py, TurboGears, Bottle, etc.
  • A backend language to process the information, like form input, user authentication, and much more. That is where Python comes in.
  • A database to store data such as the items you want to sell, payment information, etc.

What you need to do is look for a resource to learn how to build a fullstack application with Python. There are plenty of places on the internet where you can learn to do something like that.