Im getting this hint: Your h2 element should be below the main element's opening tag and its opening tag should start 6 spaces over from the start of the line

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.

**Your code so far**
<html>
<body>
  <h1>CatPhotoApp</h1>
  <main>
  <h2>Cat Photos</h2>
                  <ul>
                    <li> Child Element 1 </li>
                    <li> Child Element 2 </li>
                  </ul>
  <!-- TODO: Add link to cat photos -->
  <p>Click here to view more cat photos.</p>
  </main>
</body>
</html>
  **Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/103.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Step 6

Link to the challenge:

…?

The instructions did not ask you to paste in the example. You should delete this.

The instructions only want you to add 2 spaces on 3 lines.

hi there,
there is no need to insert the example here.
It is just about readibility of html-code. three child elements ( h2, comment, p ) are to set two spaces to the right by adding two spaces to each line .

Hello. I understand what you are saying but i am complete new at this and i tried what the instructions suggested. It is not working for me.

What is your updated code? Did you delete the part we told you to delete? Did you add extra spaces?

Do not worry.
Just try on.

I guess im just not understanding where to add a space and what line to start on. I have to get used to the jargon

I can’t tell you what is wrong with your code unless you show us the code.

<main>
        <h2>Cat Photos</h2>
        <!-- TODO: Add link to cat photos -->
        <p>Click here to view more cat photos.</p>
    </main>

You have more than 6 spaces here. You should have exactly 6

The formatting is off once I pasted it but I tabbed over two times from the main element on all three child elements

Tab and space are two different things.

ok! got it! I’ll try the space bar

OMG!!! I will come back to it later. THanks for you help!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.