I'm having a problem running bootstrap in a project I'm working on

I’m doing a project to help myself become familiar with Bootstrap and jQuery to supplement my FreeCodeCamp learning. I am still very much a beginner so I’m sure that there is some glaring mistake I’ve made that I’m not experienced enough to find.
Please help!
I should add that the code works fine when I use the quickadd Bootstrap feature on CodePen found here, but there seems to be some issue I’m having with linking to my files?

I’ve since updated my code on GitHub on lines 8 and 53 because I forgot a slash, but the columns are still not appearing for me. Is there anyway someone can help?

Remove the forward slash you have just before “bootstrap” on your <link> element. It should look like this instead: <link href="bootstrap/css/bootstrap.min.css" rel="stylesheet">. Same goes for the <script> tag at the bottom of the <body> tag. Should work after this change.

Also, you have too many files that aren’t being used. I would suggest to keep only the bootstrap.min.css and bootstrap.min.js files and delete those you aren’t using.

1 Like

Thanks Amir, but I was acutally able to fix it like this:
<link href="./bootstrap/css/bootstrap.min.css" rel="stylesheet">

I guess I needed to refer to my directory. Perhaps scaling down like you suggest is the way to go

Yes, you can also do it the way you’ve done, the period you’ve added denotes that the file path begins at the current directory of the HTML file. However, as far as I know and according to what I always see, it’s not commonly done this way, but rather the way I’ve suggested. In any case, if it’s easier for you to do it this way, then by all means (you might want to check best practices though).