Bootstrap doesnt work on browser

Bootstrap doesnt work on browser
0

#1

I am studying by the challenges. I am at Bootstrap part. And I wanted to test in my browser, so I created a html file with the code from the challenge, but the Bootstrap’s features doesn’t seem to work, the link for bootstrap is there, but it is like isn’t. Did someone had the same problem?


#2

Are you using code pen ?


#3

If you are using CodePen checkout this article I wrote that may help you out. Scroll down to the bootstrap part and make sure you are adding it correctly.
“CodePen Tips and Best Practice” https://medium.freecodecamp.com/codepen-tips-and-best-practice-cf926ebd0b11


#4

Are you sure it has the link to bootstrap and not some other link, such as a Google Font link?

Bootstrap: <link rel="stylesheet" href="https://netdna.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/3.3.6/css/bootstrap.min.css" />

Google font: <link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Lobster" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">


#5

I did not reach this part of the challenges, now I am using codepen. But I think it should work if I had all the code in just one html file.


#6

Yes, I am using the correct link.


#7

I used Bootstrap link and added more links (below) and worked:

 <link rel='stylesheet prefetch' ref='https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/animate.css/3.5.1/animate.min.css'>
 <link rel='stylesheet prefetch' href='https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/foundation/6.2.0/foundation.min.css'>
 <link rel="stylesheet" href="css/style.css">

#8

You have to add bootstrap by going into CodePen settings and clicking css then go to bottom and select quick add


#9

I wonder if he ever managed it?


#11

I was having the same problem than vinispag. I was using the link provided in the chalenge:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="//maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/3.3.1/css/bootstrap.min.css"/>
But when I use the link you provided it works fine. :slight_smile:
Thanks!


#12

I had same problem; I started by using the Bootstrap link provided in the FCC challenge. I created my HTML file in a text editor and viewed the page in my web browser on a laptop. Before modifying the link, formatting did not apply in Firefox and the page wouldn’t even load in Chrome.
Changing to the link provided by @bnoden fixed my issue :slight_smile:


#13

In my case there was a missing ‘https:’ bit in the address (that’s what was provided on FCC - wrong link AFAIR)