I'm losing motivation and need help. :(

Great advice. Thanks to CodyMyers for asking the question and to tmpbit and others for their insightful answers.

1 Like

Don’t bee so hard on yourself. I believe your issue is with patience. The Sooner you want to get a job in web / software development, the harder you’re going to have to work.

You don’t have to learn it all at once but, if your not willing to devote at least 30 minutes everynight to something you say you want, then maybe it isn’t for you.

On the other hand. Real talk, contrary to popular belief most successful people either have worked and or studied and or are working and or studying 60+ Hours a week. They don’t complain or talk about it because most of the time they are to busy or, it doesn’t feel like work and often it doesn’t look like work.

Many people that speak out against putting in these kind of hours are are either content where they are, hiding the truth, miserable, or have lost hope. I’m here to restore hope.

Case is point. I’m married with 5 children, its the 4th of July and I’m laying in this tent reading emails, tweeting, replying to YouTube coments at http://bit.ly/TheRealCasadaroYouTube etc… To everyone around me it looks like im playing on my phone. In 10 years they will call me lucky. I went from the Army to school and dropping out to selling cars to yesturday doing a server build at Microsoft.

It’s the same with code. I commute 2 hours to work in the morning ( to my work at Microsoft ) and If I’m not coding or reading about coding I’m either listening to business, personal development, marketing, or financial podcasts or eBooks, or watching youtube videos about the same stuff. I do the same thing on the way home.

No one can tell you how much you want it. You’'re going to have to look in the mirror and tell yourself. The difference between the person you are today and the persons you want to be tomorrow is completely up to you.

1 Like

Two weeks later…how are you getting on CodyMayers?

I started a Certified course back in March, but am barely scratching the surface. My skills are still SO basic that I feel way out of my depth. I question my motivation and commitment. But I am also acutely aware that life, money, circumstances can all get in the way - sometimes other things can be more important.

And things change.

So, how are you feeling now after everyone’s feedback?

If you are feeling like no motivation to do anything, you need to read some interesting comics or watch movies so that your frustration disappear. Read this article it will guide you on how to recover from this situation. https://medicalhealthcareinfo.com/no-motivation-to-do-anything/