Install and Set Up Mongoose URI

I am trying this lesson:

The instructions state I should create a SECRET environment variable MONGO_URI and “Its value should be your MongoDB Atlas database URI”

Where do I get my MongoDB Atlas database URI from - there is no information on the instructions and when I look in the forum I saw this:

mongodb+srv://testproject1:<REDACTED>@cluster0.dae9o.mongodb.net/myFirstDatabase?retryWrites=true&w=majority

How am I supposed to know to use the various parts, such as mongodb+srv or @cluster0 etc?

Thanks
Alan

Hello there,

I redacted the URI password, as that is not something you want to be public.

I asked this question a while ago and have not yet had a reply other than to redact my password.

I am trying this lesson:

The instructions state I should create a SECRET environment variable MONGO_URI and “Its value should be your MongoDB Atlas database URI”

Please answer the following questions:

1. Where do I get my MongoDB Atlas database URI from?

There is no information on the instructions and when I look in the forum I saw this:

mongodb+srv://testproject1:<REDACTED>@cluster0.dae9o.mongodb.net/myFirstDatabase?retryWrites=true&w=majority

1. Where does @cluster0.dae9o come from?

2. What does “?retryWrites=true&w=majority” mean?

3. Where do I find out what other things can go into the uri?

Thanks
Alan

If you follow the tutorial referenced in the challenge instructions, you should understand where the URI comes from.

You can look at the answer to this Stack Overflow thread.

Thank you for replying.
I didn’t notice that tutorial before. When I try to follow it:

I clicked on Go here and had a real problem trying to verify my email. Eventually I went in to the chat who said I may already have been verified so then I logged in instead of signing in and got the following:

Referring back to the tutorial, under Create a New Cluster, it says I should enter in the organization’s name etc and click the green Continue button but as you can see in the second image there doesn’t seem to be anywhere to enter that info and there is no green Continue button. I’m very confused and don’t want to press the wrong thing. Also I’m concerned I may have to pay for something when I understood this is all supposed to be free.

Sorry this is so long
Thanks
Alan

I solved the problem - had to click on Create Database first