Intermediate Algorithm Scripting - Seek and Destroy

Tell us what’s happening:
I’m 100% lost here. I’ve got no idea what the challenge wants me to do as it says " Note: You have to use the arguments object."

I do realize I have to use numbers 2 and 3 as arguments to be passed into the destroyer.

As far as I know arguments after the array cannot be hard coded into destroyer function as there could be one or more of arguments to be passed in.
How can I pass something into the destroyer function without it being an argument?

I also can’t remember neither find any exercises that even remotely resemble this one.

Your code so far

function destroyer(arr) {

console.log(arr)

return arr;
}

destroyer([1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3], 2, 3);

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/108.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Intermediate Algorithm Scripting - Seek and Destroy

Link to the challenge:

This is what I get when I Google “MDN arguments object”

There is another way to handle this though. Do you remember this challenge:

So arguments is an object that behaves pretty much like an array and has all the arguments of a function call stored in it.

And the challenge above with ...args uses the same functionality as arguments but it only has “unused” arguments stored in it, right?

1 Like

...args converts the arguments object into an array with same number of arguments as elements of the array.

I have no idea what you are talking about here.

Yup.

Depends upon what you mean by ‘unused’. It has ‘the rest’ of the arguments after any you specifically declare.

This is exactly what I meant by unused. Just couldn’t find the right wording for it.

I believe I have the necessary information of arguments and ...args to give the challenge a go.

Thank you a lot!

1 Like