Introduction to HTML5 Elements New

Tell us what’s happening:I cant

I can’t seem to get the code right can you please help. I’ve everything

Your code so far

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>

<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>
<main>
 <p>Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched  sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the      sink fluffy fur catnip scratched.</p>
</main>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/70.0.3538.77 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/responsive-web-design/basic-html-and-html5/introduction-to-html5-elements

The new <p> element comes after the first one, and both of them should be inside the <main> element

You need to wrap both of the <p> tags inside the same <main> tag.

I appreciate your prompt response although I still don’t know what I am doing wrong

How do I do that

Please help

The <main> tag marks the beginning of the main element, and the </main> tag marks the end of the main element.

<main>
  <p>Some text</p>
</main>

In the HTML above, you can say that the p element is wrapped in the main tags, because it’s written after the opening <main> tag but before the closing </main> tag.

In the challenge, you need to first put the existing p element after an opening <main> tag, and before a closing </main> tag. Then you need to create a new p element with the given text, also inside the main tags, but after the existing p element.

Let me give it shot and see what happens. I really appreciate your help.

To use my example, if I wanted to add a new p element to the main element, I’d write it like this…

<main>
  <p>Some text</p>
  <p>Some more text</p>
</main>

Thank you so much, I nearly jumped out of my chair when I got it.

1 Like