Is something wrong with grading?

In the " Override All Other Styles by using Important" challenge, initially placed “!Important” at the top of the code, in the style declaration for

.pink-text {
           color: pink;
           }

Which gave the desired output of pink for the header 4 text. When I submit the solution, everything is checked except for -

// running tests
          Your pink-text class declaration should have the !important keyword to 
           override all other declarations.
           // tests completed
                            *I don't understand why.*

Here is my code so far:

<style>

body {

background-color: black;

font-family: monospace;

color: green;

}

#orange-text {

color: orange;

}

.pink-text {

color: pink !Important;

}

.blue-text {

color: blue;

}

</style>

<h1 id="orange-text" class="pink-text blue-text" style="color: white">Hello World!</h1>

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (’).

1 Like

Hola como estás?
Probaste escribiendo !important con i minúscula?

Hi how are you?
You tried typing !important with lowercase i?

It was as simple as using lowercase.

But, is the grading case sensitive, or is it CSS? I would think I’d get bad output if it was the CSS.

1 Like

Technically, CSS properties are not case sensitive in most situations (or maybe all of them, I don’t have time to research if there are exceptions). So in this case, it is the tests that are case sensitive.

Realistically, everyone uses all lowercase for CSS properties and you will probably get funny looks if you don’t follow this convention as well. So I would just make it a habit to always use all lowercase for CSS properties.

1 Like

Got’cha - and thanks. It was working and nothing else did, or even made sense. I thought I was going crazy. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.