It opens live server in Visual Code Studio but it show just some symbols

I open visual studio code, make a new file, save it named as index.html, type: “!” and press TAB so it writes some HTML automatically, then I type Hello World inside body element and save all of that. When I open that code in the live server it opens my default browser and there is no nothing except some symbols, I tried restarting Visual studio code, manually opening Vs code, changing the default browser, setting the browser nothing helps, here is a print screen of what I see when open live server,

That’s a directory view, can you click on the / and see if it opens your index file?

it doesn’t
I make nothing else other than press “!” and TAB in Studio Code and run it, it should load blank page and when I make h1 element inside body element it makes same symbols like I didn’t make h1 element

Show screenshot of vs code with the folder structure open

VS code is opened from the C folder.you have to open it from the VisualStudioCode folder, you can do it by write clicking on the blank space in the folder in filemanager and choose open with vs code

1 Like

thanks man, really appreciate this, problem solved

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.