Javascript Documentation Page - Resposive Web design project

Hello everyone, here is my Technical Documentation page. I am satisfied with how it came out and it helped me practice CSS grid. I would like to know you thoughts on it. Thanks :smiley:

@Black_RAM It’s great. I like the ‘JS DOCS’ animation.

1 Like

Your page looks okay @Black_RAM. Some things to revisit;

• Do not use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.
    Reference MDN Docs
    You can nest those code snippets in an HTML element to preserve whitespace and line breaks. I’ll leave it to you to research that.
    Or there’s a property: value; pair you can use in CSS to preserve whitespace and line breaks. Again, I’ll leave it to you to research.
  • overflow-x: hidden; will completely hide anything that extends outside its container element horizontally. It’s recommended to not do this, and refactor your CSS to be more responsive - otherwise it is possible for your site to appear to be missing content.

A suggestion for another time.
Revisit this some day and think about making the nav smaller and fixed when it’s viewed with a smaller screen.

1 Like

I had not known that formatting could be preserved with CSS. But after reading your comment I used CSS to preserve the line breaks in .the <code> blocks.

Thank for your comments!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.