Landing Page - Seeking Feedback

I still have work to do on responsiveness of the header/nav and some quirks with the overlapping image text on smaller screens so for now this is best viewed away from mobile (thought there is some responsiveness).

but i wanted to gauge feedback on the design as well as any other suggestions. much appreciated.

very impressive. your nav bar looks great and your page is very responsive. I really like the animation when you hover over the 3 boxes. There is a little problem with your “live in style” text at the bottom. it doesnt shrink when the page width becomes smaller so it looks a little weird. Here is a screenshot of what i am talking about. Your mailing list input could also use some css styling. Otherwise this is very well made

yeah i have the same issue with the similar text at the top of the page. i’ll play around with it a bit more.

also, the mailing list box should have some styling on it. are you not seeing it or just trying to tell me the styling i do have on there is inadequate :wink:

ok something doesn’t sound right as i do have styling on the form already. what browsers are you using? i’ve tested on both firefox and chrome.

this is what i am seeing on codepen:

#subscribe {
  position: absolute;
  bottom: 3rem;
  left: 3rem;
  background: rgba(30,26,0,0.5);
  padding: 1rem;
  display: flex;
  flex-direction: column;
  box-shadow: 0 10px 10px -10px rgba(0,0,0,0.5);
  border-radius: 10px;
}
#subscribe p, button {
  color: $c-text-white;
  font-family: $font-splash;
}
#subscribe p, input, button {
  margin: 1rem 0;
}
#subscribe button {
  background: #F35900;
  border: none;
  padding: 0.5rem 0;
  border-radius: 5px;
  font-size: 1.5rem;
  box-shadow: 0 10px 10px -10px rgba(0,0,0,0.5);
  text-transform: uppercase;
}
#subscribe button:hover {
  background: #FE650D;
}
#subscribe button:active {
  background: #F35900;
  box-shadow: none;
}

Oops, sorry!

I didn’t notice you have styled it, probably because of its widths.

Maybe, you should try making it more bigger.

BTW, you’ve made an awesome website. Couldn’t believe it was with HTML and CSS.

that’s cool. i’m not that confident yet with how the designs will work on other people’s browsers as i use the most up to date so it’s good to know what does and doesn’t render or if the experience is different that what i’m seeing.

thanks for the compliment! HTML and CSS have definitely come a long way. I’m so glad CSS has taken much of the burden away form javascript. it really helps with creating nice lightweight pages.

1 Like