<p>Est. 2020</p>
      <section>
        <h2>Coffee</h2>
      </section>
    </main>
  </body>
</html>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/120.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge Information:

Learn Basic CSS by Building a Cafe Menu - Step 11

You appear to have created this post without editing the template. Please edit your post to Tell us what’s happening in your own words.
Learning to describe problems is hard, but it is an important part of learning how to code.
Also, the more you say, the more we can help!

this is not how css is written, I would carefully read again the description, and slowly try again, If there is something you don’t understand of the description, let us know

I have tried that for hours until now I still haven’t figured out what I am supposed to write. help please

the example

element {
 property: value;
}

if the element you want to apply the css to is an a element you write

a { 

}

and write the css properties inside the graph parenthesis

How should I write this css code then?

Step 11

You can add style to an element by specifying it in the style element and setting a property for it like this:

element {
 property: value;
}

Center your h1 element by setting its **text-align** property to the value center.

start by creating the h1 rule, similar to the generic example, and to my example with the a element

This is how I wrote it, still not accepting my code

<style><h1>a{
 property:text-align  value;center
    }</h1>
    </style>
  <style><h1>a{
 property:text-align  value;center
    }</h1>
    </style>

yeah, that’s totally wrong

a  { }

is for the a element, if you do it for the h1 element you do not write a, and also you do not write html tags in css

Nah, this one is tough. I give up! How would you write the code? Can you please share how?

I will not share the code, but please try again
I would write like this for an img element, a main element and a figure element:

img { }

main { }

figure { }

so please try again writing for an h1 element

1 Like

Then you have not helped me. Thank you

You put the name of the element, in your case it’s h1 then open the graph parenthesis { then close it }, in this way you create the h1 rule, without putting any properties inside, but that’s what you need to do first, if you don’t create the rule, you can’t apply the properties

1 Like