Learn Basic CSS by Building a Cafe Menu - Step 32

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.

Your code so far

I’m trying to add the class name flavor to the French Vanilla p element. I’ve tried to add class=“flavor” before and after the French Vanilla without any luck. The error message is you should add your flavor class to your p element. This is my first post. Apologies if I missed something. Thank you.

French Vanilla class="flavor"

<!-- file: index.html -->

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
  <head>
    <meta charset="utf-8" />
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0" />
    <title>Cafe Menu</title>
    <link href="styles.css" rel="stylesheet"/>
  </head>
  <body>
    <div class="menu">
      <main>
        <h1>CAMPER CAFE</h1>
        <p>Est. 2020</p>
        <section>
          <h2>Coffee</h2>
          <article>
            <p>French Vanilla class="flavor"<p>
            <p>3.00</p>
          </article>
          <article>
            <p>Caramel Macchiato</p>
            <p>3.75</p>
          </article>
          <article>
            <p>Pumpkin Spice</p>
            <p>3.50</p>
          </article>
          <article>
            <p>Hazelnut</p>
            <p>4.00</p>
          </article>
          <article>
            <p>Mocha</p>
            <p>4.50</p>
          </article>
        </section>
      </main>
    </div>
  </body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */
body {
  background-image: url(https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/curriculum/css-cafe/beans.jpg);
}

h1, h2, p {
  text-align: center;
}

.menu {
  width: 80%;
  background-color: burlywood;
  margin-left: auto;
  margin-right: auto;
}

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/107.0.0.0 Safari/537.36 Edg/107.0.1418.42

Challenge: Learn Basic CSS by Building a Cafe Menu - Step 32

Link to the challenge:

May you show your code please?

Hi there, thank you. How do I do that?

use ``` before and after the code

There were those three marks and the word hmtl at the beginning and the same three marks at the end. I removed the html. Not sure if you can see it.

I’ve edited your code for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (').

hi there,

this is an example of how you add a class attribute to an element
(in this case you were adding a menu class attribute to the div element)

Using this code as an example modify the p element to have its own class attribute.

Thank you hbar1st. This makes sense.

1 Like

Mod edit: solution redacted

It is great that you solved the challenge, but instead of posting your full working solution, it is best to stay focused on answering the original poster’s question(s) and help guide them with hints and suggestions to solve their own issues with the challenge.

We are trying to cut back on the number of spoiler solutions found on the forum and instead focus on helping other campers with their questions and definitely not posting full working solutions.

still couldn’t go pass this step despite adding the flavor class to the p element as

If you have a question about a specific challenge as it relates to your written code for that challenge, just click the Ask for Help button located on the challenge. It will create a new topic with all code you have written and include a link to the challenge also. You will still be able to ask any questions in the post before submitting it to the forum.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.