Learn Basic JavaScript by Building a Role PLaying Game

I’m having trouble completing Step #4 where it asks us to insert the external JavaScript file into the ‘head’ element. It simply doesn’t check if the solution is correct nor does it allow me to proceed. I’m really excited about the course but I’ve hit a snag with this bug. I’ve tried on my home computer using the Opera browser, and on my work computer using Chrome, and it still doesn’t work. Hopefully, you can fix it soon. Regards!

when you need help with a step, please post your code

The issue is that the webpage isn’t working, not the code :frowning:

post your code anyway please

2 Likes
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
  <head>
    <meta charset="utf-8">
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="./styles.css">
    <title>RPG - Dragon Repeller</title>
    <script src="./script.js">
  </head>
  <body>
    <div id="game">
    </div>
  </body>
</html>

you are missing the closing tag for the script element

I’ve edited your code for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (').

1 Like

next time, when the page looks unrensponsive like this, open the Console, there will be the syntax error breaking the JavaScript

1 Like

Thank you very much, and my apologies for the mistake in quoting the code. It’s my first post on the forum, and I greatly appreciate how incredibly fast the response was. You’re the best!