Learn CSS Variables by Building a City Skyline - Step 54

in the code below i suppose to set width to auto as i did and it doesnt work. i i cant move on until i set the width to auto which i have done as you can see. tell me whats going on before i smash my keyboard into pieces :smiley:

.bb2a{
width: auto;
margin: auto;
height: 5vh;
border-top: 1vw solid #000;
border-bottom: 1vw solid #000;
border-left: 1vw solid #999;
border-right: 1vw solid #999;
}

please post a link to the challenge

these values are not the ones the exercise asked for.

i doesnt matter . you think i didnt tryied to delete and do everything what that exersize ask me for ? i have. . and even without the height set up its still doesnt work. AND IT KEEPS ASKING FOR WIDTH AUTO SND IF I DELETE IT THEN I CAN NOT CONTINUE THE LESSONS SO WHAT IS THE PROBLEM !!!

and also it is what the exersize was asking for btw :
Add these properties to .bb2a:

width: 5vw;
height: 5vw;

After you add these, you can see how a thick border on an element gives you some angles where two sides meet. You are going to use that bottom border as the top of the building.

Why are you being so aggressive? hbar1st was jut trying to help.

You changed your values. The issue that hbar1st brought was correct. You initially had wrong values in your code and thats why she mentioned it to you. We can help you, but theres no reason to get upset. I understand this can be frustrating but try to remain calm when you are getting help from others who are taking time out of their day to help you.

Can you tell exactly what the current issue is you are facing after you made your current changes? What does the error say in the challenge?

ok so sorry for beaing so agrressive . basicly the value is not wrong as tha was exactly what i supposed to do . i already post new comment with the exact exersize. anyway. eventually it doesnt matter if its wrong . you can litterarly delete everything in that and leave only the width: auto . it still dont work. i tried everything . deleting value. add values , change values i mean everything. also i can not pass because the width has to be set to auto right ?! well that not what the assesment anyway. Like its even some bug. or some issue with my browser or something else i dont know. i may do tho whole chapter again but i dont want it . because i dont enjoy this whole think. But i learn a lot. Anyway as you can see im loosing my fucking mind over this

as you can see in the picture i had to sat those values otherwise it will have issues too. like width that margin set to auto . if i set value of original assesment it will not let me pass. same with the height even it literaly doesnt matter if the height is set or not it will still prompt me to set the width to auto anyway. im telling you this is fucked. what am i doing wrong here

You still did not add everything the exercise asked you to add. Is this your current code?

If that is the current code it is not correct. I agree that the error message is misleading as the width needs to be set as 5vw not auto. But look what the exercise is asking for all values

width: 5vw;
height: 5vw;

Now look at your code, you are missing the height…

Actually, it does matter if it wrong…

Of course it wont work if you delete everything and only keep the width because the exercise if telling what you need to pass…

No, you just didnt add everything the instructions said to

Sometimes its not always easy to see what you are missing, and thats why the forum exists to give people help, but when you are aggressive and sa things like “it doesnt matter” then no one is going to want to help you. Programming only gets harder from here, and if this is causing you that much anger it might be beter to walk away and give yourself a break. Come back in a day and then try the problem again with a clear and calm mind.

1 Like

brother, I have done everything right. exactly as they asked. I put all the values exactly and it didn’t work. you have to understand that I tried millions of ways to make it work. because it didn’t. bro, do you really think that I can’t just copy what the exercise wants me to copy? I would never go to the forum and try to look for a solution before trying to fix the issue on my own. common man, would you do that ? you have said that I’m missing height? Do you think I don’t know that? the code doesn’t work regardless. it literally doesn’t matter. the reason why I’m saying this is because I tried several combinations before. it doesn’t like width not being auto as well as margin. the height I had set exactly like in the exercise. it didn’t work, telling me to set it to width: auto. it could be anything. I appreciate your help, but it seems as if you don’t understand what I was saying, and maybe I do a bad job of explaining it. This is a dead end. so I just walk away from this. there is no help or hope for this. And it’s a shame because, for the most part, I was enjoying it . Peace

in case it helps, sometimes there are other issues at play when working on these challenges that can prevent the test from passing.
But to identify this, we need you to share the -corrected- code first with us. At that point, I will copy the code and confirm that it works for me and if it does without any required code changes, then the next step is help you sort out what is the cause of the test not passing for you but for me.

it’s working now actually. thanks for trying to help. I appreciate it

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.