Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 28

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here. please can someone look to see where im going wrong? it wont accept this last step at all.

**Your code so far**
/* file: index.html */
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
  <meta charset="UTF-8">
  <title>Registration Form</title>
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css" />
</head>
<body>
  <h1>Registration Form</h1>
  <p>Please fill out this form with the required information</p>
  <form action='https://register-demo.freecodecamp.org'>
    <fieldset>
      <label>Enter Your First Name: <input type="text" required /></label>
      <label>Enter Your Last Name: <input type="text" required /></label>
      <label>Enter Your Email: <input type="email" required /></label>
      <label>Create a New Password: <input type="password" pattern="[a-z0-5]{8,}" required /></label>
    </fieldset>
    <fieldset>
      <label><input type="radio" name="account-type" /> Personal Account</label>
      <label><input type="radio" name="account-type" /> Business Account</label>
      <label>
        <input type="checkbox" required /> I accept the
          <a href="https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/terms-of-service/">terms and conditions</a>
      </label>
    </fieldset>
    <fieldset><label>Upload a profile picture:</label>
    <fieldset>
      <label> Upload a profile picture<input type="file"></label>
      </fieldset>
    <input type="submit" value="Submit" />
  </form>
</body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */
body {
width: 100%;
height: 100vh;
margin: 0;
background-color: #1b1b32;
color: #f5f6f7;
}

label {
display: block;
margin: 0.5rem 0;
}

**Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/104.0.5112.102 Safari/537.36 Edg/104.0.1293.70

Challenge: Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 28

Link to the challenge:

you seem to have more than one label added?

Mod Edit: removed because it spoiled a solution
try this

yeah I deleted that but it still wont accept, I actually had same issue yesterday with this step, ended up losing my account and having to start again, for some reason it really does not like that step. Thankyou for pointing that out though i’m not sure why its doubled that.

I would be happy to help you so you do not have to lose your progress.

Please post the updated code.
(ps. if I understood the comment about the account, and you happen to have a duplicate account that you are not using, perhaps you can let me know which one it is - that is, if you want it to be removed)

i do please and thankyou kindly for your help, my old was Donna40, i didn’t seem to be linked correctly with it and couldn’t relog in, i’ve looked on my browser settings also for possible ad blockers in case that’s an issue.

Thanks for that information. I cannot do much to investigate the way the account works from my end, but I can delete it. If you are okay with that?

In the meantime, please post your lastest code.

I reposted as a new post, and yes please if you could, im hoping this one wont do the same.

Can you put the new code here? (in this thread please)

When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (').

how do i repost here? sorry.

click on the gif in my last post above and review the steps

<fieldset><label>Upload a profile picture: <input type="file"></label>
        </fieldset>
1 Like

Your code is working for me. I wonder if your browser is doing something to interfere with the current step. Some things to try are:

• restart the step (click on Restart Step) button , then paste the code from here and see if it passes that time
  • try a different browser ( I use Chrome with minimal extensions as some extensions can interefere with FCC), sometimes a browser that is new with default setup will work better.

I hope you can try…

thankyou ill try now, fingers crossed!!

weirdly it repeated fieldset 3 times, but ive changed my browser settings too, thankyou!!

so you have passed? Yay!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.