Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 31

Tell us what’s happening:
FIXED!! I was missing the end “>” on my fieldset tag!

Hi everyone. I’ve tried this every way I could think of, and every way several sites suggested. With and without for, id, and name tags. It won’t take anything. This is the first time I’ve been this stumped. Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong?
By the way, it inserts both the “browse” button and the text, and it opens a finder window when I click the button. Image attached.

Your code so far

<!-- file: index.html -->
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
  <head>
    <meta charset="UTF-8">
    <title>Registration Form</title>
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css" />
  </head>
  <body>
    <h1>Registration Form</h1>
    <p>Please fill out this form with the required information</p>
    <form method="post" action='https://register-demo.freecodecamp.org'>
      <fieldset>
        <label for="first-name">Enter Your First Name: <input id="first-name" type="text" required /></label>
        <label for="last-name">Enter Your Last Name: <input id="last-name" type="text" required /></label>
        <label for="email">Enter Your Email: <input id="email" type="email" required /></label>
        <label for="new-password">Create a New Password: <input id="new-password" type="password" pattern="[a-z0-5]{8,}" required /></label>
      </fieldset>
      <fieldset>
        <label for="personal-account"><input id="personal-account" type="radio" name="account-type" /> Personal Account</label>
        <label for="business-account"><input id="business-account" type="radio" name="account-type" /> Business Account</label>
        <label for="terms-and-conditions">
          <input id="terms-and-conditions" type="checkbox" required /> I accept the <a href="https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/terms-of-service/">terms and conditions</a>
        </label>
      </fieldset>

<!-- User Editable Region -->

<fieldset 
        <label for="profile-picture">Upload a profile picture: </label>
          <input type="file" id="profile-picture" name="profile-picture">
      </fieldset>

<!-- User Editable Region -->

<input type="submit" value="Submit" />
    </form>
  </body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */
body {
  width: 100%;
  height: 100vh;
  margin: 0;
  background-color: #1b1b32;
  color: #f5f6f7;
}

label {
  display: block;
  margin: 0.5rem 0;
}

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.15; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/110.0

Challenge: Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 31

Link to the challenge:

The order of the elements is:

<label>Text: <input></label>

The instruction: " … and nest an input accepting a file upload." You did it well for the type attribute. All other attributes shouldn’t be found in label and input elements. There is no such requirement in the task.

1 Like

Thanks!
I’ll try it again without the other attributes.
It hasn’t accepted it either way but maybe this time it will. I’ll update in a minute with my result.

Still no go.

Probably you have more blank spaces after the comma. Check it out.

I finally found it! I was missing the final “>” on the opening “fieldset” tag. All fixed.

Thanks!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.