<title>Registration Form</title>
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css" />
  </head>
  <body>
    <h1>Registration Form</h1>
    <p>Please fill out this form with the required information</p>
    <form method="post" action='https://register-demo.freecodecamp.org'>
      <fieldset>
        <label for="first-name">Enter Your First Name: <input id="first-name" type="text" required /></label>
        <label for="last-name">Enter Your Last Name: <input id="last-name" type="text" required /></label>
        <label for="email">Enter Your Email: <input id="email" type="email" required /></label>
        <label for="new-password">Create a New Password: <input id="new-password" type="password" pattern="[a-z0-5]{8,}" required /></label>
      </fieldset>
      <fieldset>
        <legend>Account type (required)</legend>
        <label for="personal-account"><input id="personal-account" type="radio" name="account-type" checked /> Personal</label>
        <label for="business-account"><input id="business-account" type="radio" name="account-type" /> Business</label>
      </fieldset>
      <fieldset></fieldset>

<!-- User Editable Region -->

<label for="terms-and-conditions"><input id="terms-and-conditions" type="checkbox" required />I accept the <a href="https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/terms-of-service/"terms and conditions</a></label>

<!-- User Editable Region -->

<input type="submit" value="Submit" />
    </form>
  </body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */
body {
  width: 100%;
  height: 100vh;
  margin: 0;
  background-color: #1b1b32;
  color: #f5f6f7;
}

label {
  display: block;
  margin: 0.5rem 0;
}

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/117.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 31

Link to the challenge:

Hi all. I saw someone else was having trouble with this step, and read the topic. However, the suggested solution is precisely what I’m doing, and I’m still not passing the check. I’m a a bit at a loss.

Here is my code:
I accept the <a href="freeCodeCamp's Terms of Service"terms and conditions

When I submit this, it errors: “You should add I accept the terms and conditions text to the label following the third fieldset.”
If I strip the anchor tag, the error changes to “you should add an a element to terms and conditions.”

Kind of feels like its confused, but maybe I’m doing something wrong.
I will say the only oddity I’m seeing is that the label itself is after the third
Logically, I would have assumed this label and input would live inside the third fieldset, but when I moved to this step, it placed the label and checkbox underneath the fieldset closing tag. So…
any suggestions?
Incidetnally, I’ve tried enclosing the label in the third fielset, but the issue is the same.

You are missing the closing > character at the end of your opening <a> tag

1 Like

well, that’s 30 minutes of my life I’ll never get back… So embarrasing! Thank you so much.

You are more than welcome and no problem. It happens to us all lol.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.