Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 4

i found an error. Step 4 of Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form says - Add a title element to the head , and give your project a title of freeCodeCamp Registration Form Project . Also, nest a self-closing link element in the head element. Give it a rel attribute value of stylesheet , a type attribute value of text/css , and an href attribute value of styles.css.

my code -

<title>Registration Form</title>
<link rel="stylesheet"  href="styles.css" />

but it is giving me an error " You should have one self-closing link element."
what is the proplem !

To display your code in here you need to wrap it in triple back ticks. On a line by itself type three back ticks. Then on the first line below the three back ticks paste in your code. Then below your code on a new line type three more back ticks. The back tick on my keyboard is in the upper left just above the Tab key and below the Esc key.

1 Like

Thanks, I just edited the post…

Hmm, this HTML is working for me. Is there a chance you accidentally changed some other part of the HTML? You might want to restart the step and try it again.

If you still can’t get it to pass then please paste all of the HTML for the step in here.

I restarted the step many times

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
  <title>Registration Form</title>
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css"/>
</head>

<body>
</body>

</html>

Yep, that looks good to me and passes for me as well. You might try using a different browser. I’m just guessing here because I don’t know why such a simple step wouldn’t be passing for you when you have the correct HTML.

I used another browser and it worked!! Thanks :heart:

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.