Learn Intermediate CSS by Building a Picasso Painting - Step 3 - <link> element problem

Tell us what’s happening:

I think I found a bug in this step. No matter what I do I keep getting the " You should have one self-closing link element." error. I have literally copied the element from the next step back to this one and it still doesn’t recognize it as valid.

Originally, I referenced the css file as href=“styles.css” (without “./”, with the same result).

Thank you!

EDIT: On step 4 this problem persists as I am prompted to add another link. Checking step 5 I see it is inconsistent on how the elements are written. First link (step 3) has a closing “/>”, second link (step 4) hasn’t. Again, I copy the line from the next step (step 5 into step 4 now) but I get this error: " You should have two link elements."

Your code so far

<!-- file: index.html -->
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
  <head>
    <meta charset="utf-8">
    <title>Picasso Painting</title>

<!-- User Editable Region -->

<link rel="stylesheet" href="./styles.css" />

<!-- User Editable Region -->

</head>
  <body>
  </body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/112.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Learn Intermediate CSS by Building a Picasso Painting - Step 3

Link to the challenge:

Its a known issue that can sometimes happen.

There are a few steps you can try.

1. Try restarting and refreshing the challenge to see if it will pass
  2. make sure you dont have any extensions running. Things like ad blocker, and dark mode can cause the challenge to fail.
  3. If none of the above work, then try submitting in the challenge in a different browser

Thanks! Disabling ad-blockers and extensions did the trick :partying_face:

I’ll remember for next time.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.