Learn More About CSS Pseudo Selectors By Building A Balance Sheet - Step 31

Tell us what’s happening:
Hello, I cant figure it out the error, might be a spelling one or a comma,but I cant get it.
This is the task :" The CSS clip property is used to define the visible portions of an element. Set the span[class~="sr-only"] selector to have a clip property of rect(1px, 1px, 1px, 1px).

The clip-path property determines the shape the clip property should take. Set both the clip-path and -webkit-clip-path properties to the value of inset(50%), forming the clip-path into a rectangle within the element."

Your code so far
span[class~=“sr-only”]
{
clip:rect(1px, 1px, 1px, 1px);
clip-path:inset(50%);
-webkit-clip-path:inset(50%);
}

and the error: Your span[class~="sr-only"] selector should have a clip property set to rect(1px, 1px, 1px, 1px) .

WARNING

The challenge seed code and/or your solution exceeded the maximum length we can port over from the challenge.

You will need to take an additional step here so the code you wrote presents in an easy to read format.

Please copy/paste all the editor code showing in the challenge from where you just linked.

Replace these two sentences with your copied code.
Please leave the ``` line above and the ``` line below,
because they allow your code to properly format in the post.

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/110.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Learn More About CSS Pseudo Selectors By Building A Balance Sheet - Step 31

Link to the challenge:

You deleted the border property?
Try resetting then adding the new code without deleting border.

1 Like

The code passes with the border property removed.
I pasted your code into the challenge and the only reason it didn’t pass for me is that you have smart quotes around “sr-only” (though those could have been generated when you posted your code into the post).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.