Looking for a JS framework somewhere between React/Angular/Vue and jQuery?

Hello,

I was curious; are there any frameworks that have the advantages of frameworks like React/Angular/Vue, yet maintain the simplicity of integration like jQuery?

I love the little I have learned about React/Vue/Angular, but I have concerns about the tooling needed, setup work, maintenance, new user on-boarding, etc., to use these frameworks. Also, most things I build don’t require such robust architecture.

Can anyone suggest a framework that doesn’t need all the overhead yet still offers some/all the amenities of the larger/more popular frameworks?

While I want to continue learning Angular/React, I find that I usually need something a bit better than jQuery, but not as robust as Vue/React/Angular.

My dream framework would be something that doesn’t need to be compiled, plays nicely with jQuery/other pure JS scripts/plugins, and can be ran on a more traditional server-side rendered site; for example, I use Java framework (Spark) to handle routes, render pages/templates, etc. Then, I’d like to use a lighter-weight, easier to grok JS framework to handle data-binding, some routing, and inner-page SPA functionality.

Does such a JS framework exist?

Sorry if I sound like a noob. I’m trying to get out of the jQuery plugin world …

P.S. One concern I have about not using React or Vue, for example, is that any other framework might not look as “good” on a resume. Don’t get me wrong, I want to pick the best tool for the job, but I also want to keep my skills competitive.

Thanks so much for the help!

Maybe you could try Polymer or ember?

1 Like

Maybe you could try Polymer or ember?

Thanks! I’ll check those out.

Please have a look at this: https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2018/02/jquery-vue-javascript/
Vue.js is a progressive framework and being incrementally adoptable is key.
Please have a look at the documentation: https://vuejs.org/v2/guide/
If you are familiar with jquery then Vue.js is best for your use case: No Build Step Necessary.

1 Like

Other articles:

1 Like

Thank you @HoraceKeung! I really appreciate the help, linkages, and assistance!

I think you’re spot on! Since posting this I have been looking around, and Vue keeps bubbling to the top of my list.

Reading through articles now.

I’m going to keep doing my research, but I think all signs point to Vue for a lot of the projects I work on. :slight_smile:

Thanks a billion for the help!!!