Just finished the last web design project, any comments or advice is appreciated. https://codepen.io/M3W2/full/MWaNeLz
I think it looks really good. I like the green tile background.
I’m a beginner, but I took a peek at your CSS, and I never saw it formatted the way you do, with all the styles for an element on one line. I think it would make it harder for others to read. It may be perfectly acceptable, I don’t know.
Thank you for the response. I’m also pretty new, I hadn’t coded before coming to FCC so I’m not really sure if I shouldn’t organize it that way, it’s just what felt natural for me. I understand how it could be hard to read for others.
Welcome to the forums @m4rk. Your page looks good, some things to revisit;
- Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the
bodyelement in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the
<head>element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
- The link to the font goes in the box labeled ‘Stuff for <head>’
- Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
- Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
- There are HTML coding errors you should address.
- Codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the down arrow in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
- The one for HTML misses things which is why I recommend W3C
- The one for CSS is good. Use it, there’s something you may want to clean up.
- We’re not seeing the images to your project because we don’t have access to your google account. Not sure if you’re aware but, codepen creates large and small screen shots of your pens that can be used in your portfolio.
Access them from;
https://codepen.io/userName/pen/slug/image/large.png(for the large screenshot)
https://codepen.io/userName/pen/slug/image/small.png(for the small screenshot)
- where you replace userName with your codepen userId and slug with the id of one of your codepen pens and then copy that link into your portfolio
- Side note, within the sections of codepen, click on the little down arrow in the upper right. Click on the “format…” button and it will format your code in the standard that people are used to seeing.
Thank you for the detailed response Ok, I just went through and I think fixed everything. The html errors I have left are about duplicate id’s. Is that normal since I’m wanting to use the same id’s multiple times? I fixed the images, but there seems to be a problem with how a couple show up. They look fine on the codepen website so I’m not sure what’s wrong with them.https: //codepen.io/M3W2/pen/MWaNeLz?editors=1100