Feedback for my Personal Portfolio project

What do you think ?

Your page looks good @harishodzic097. Some things to revisit;

• Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in the HTML editor. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    There are HTML syntax/coding errors you should be aware of and address.
    Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • Codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the chevron in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
    The one for CSS is good. Use it and address the issue(s).
    (The one for HTML misses things which is why I recommend W3C)
  • Do not use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for. (I noticed it in some of your other projects too)
    Reference MDN Docs
  • It is hard to see your nav links. The colors don’t offer enough contrast. Use a contrast checker
  • Not sure if you’re aware that Codepen creates large and small screenshots of your pens that can be used in your portfolio. Their official documentation explains how to access them.

As a suggestion, and you don’t have to do this if you don’t want to .
Maybe add some padding / margin to the sides and bottom of your page. It looks odd having the projects butted against both sides, against each other and along the bottom.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.