Please review my personal portfolio project

Please give your feedback on my portfolio.
The “contact” section doesn’t seem to appear while scrolling unless clicked in the nav-bar and I’m not able to figure it out. Any help with that would be very helpful.

Thank you.

Link:
https://codepen.io/sandeepgumaste/full/qBRgqep

Welcome to the forums @sandeep5. Your portfolio looks good. Some things to revisit;

• Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in the HTML editor. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • For instance links to fonts go in the box labeled ‘Stuff for <head>’
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML syntax/coding errors you should be aware of and address. Among other things remember that an id must be unique within the document.
  • Codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the chevron in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
    • The one for CSS is good. Use it and address the issue(s). You may need to run it again after correcting an issue.
    • (The one for HTML misses things which is why I recommend W3C)
  • Make the page responsive. The projects fall out of the container on smaller screens.

Just a quick look at your projects;

• Do not use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.
  • The project landing page code looks the same as the sample project.
    • Make the project from scratch, with your own code, style and content. Don’t take code from the sample project.
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.