I was programming for around 2 years more or less with a few months breaks every 6-7 months and it wasn’t hardcore. I’m Java programmer and minecraft plugin developer.
I was pretty much doing only that for the last 2 years and now suddenly around 3-4 weeks ago I started losing motivation for programming, I would get it for a few minutes and as soon as I started programming I would lose it, I would get motivation for maybe a few hours if I find I can do something really great, but rarely.
I was researching it and I found out that a lot of programmers have gone through it but the methods to fix it aren’t really available to me because of couple of reasons.
Here are my problems:
- Right now its winter and I can’t really go on a vacation and it isn’t an option, the break which includs lying on sofa besides the computer and watching videos on phone isn’t really a break.
- I’ve signed up for competition in programming so I can’t really afford any longer breaks.
- Even money doesn’t motivate me a bit (it never did, however, lets be realistic, money would motivate anyone at least a bit even if it isn’t his true motivation and never was money as is case with myself) and it never should be anyones true motivation.
- When I’m doing either paid projects or projects for myself I have a feeling like someone is forcing, maybe a bittt less with paid.
- When I think about what I could do with it, it gives me a bit of motivation but I lose it almost immediately as soon as I start to code.
- Before I would be happy when I got something to work and would sit for hours solving some problem
- I’m somewhat difficult personality.
If anyone has any other option that could solve this and can return my motivation within a week, please let me know.