Lost with Game of Life project

@ksjazzguitar

I watched all the videos you linked, I even watched some more videos on the lifecycle methods of react components, and I did some test environments. After hours of work, I did it. It works

I can’t thank you enough. Now I just gotta make it presentable.

Wow, that was fast! And when I look at your JS it actually looks like a React app. Good job getting into React-think so quickly.

@ksjazzguitar Thank you! I feel like I had all the ideas in my head, but I didn’t have the syntax or enough of the understanding on how React worked. When I got that together, it came a lot easier, and I made modifications to support the React format. Now onto the next challenge… I have absolutely 0 idea how I’m gonna do that. Expect a “am I doing this right” post in the very near future. Thanks for everything.

That’s why the forum is here.

did you test if patterns work in the corners?

@Monkeydogma They appear to work in the corners as well. It was a lot of logic, and there was probably a more concise way to do it.

Yeah, I don’t think there is an easy, one line formula that is going to do that for you. You just got to hunker down, crunch the numbers, make sure your math works, then wrap it in a function and treat it like a black box. If you did your math correctly and tested it, then you shouldn’t have to worry about it again.