Managing Packages with NPM - How to Use package.json, the Core of Any Node.js Project or npm Package - R3ubTQY3DxvzExiZjpwnA

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.
it is first problem on backend course. it is really easy but i don’t know what is wrong.
As I received the answer before, I put the url above the preview in the answer and submitted it, but it is wrong. The site says the value of author is incorrect. If you can see the attached url, I really want to know where it is wrong.

Your project link(s)

solution: boilerplate-npm-1 - Replit

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/103.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Managing Packages with NPM - How to Use package.json, the Core of Any Node.js Project or npm Package

Link to the challenge:

Your project’s package.json needs all the required fields. The name and version are mandatory fields.

I don’t know what it means because it’s my first time in the back-end field. Where and how should I fix it?

You can edit the package.json file in your Replit. Make sure both the required fields are there.

EDIT ADD:

You can also lookup other posts with similar issue and possible solution; for example: Not getting past the first lesson on managing npm packages

@camperextraordinaire I had some old notes about name and version are required fields. Since his Replit code didn’t have the version property I thought it was an error. It is not an error, maybe it is required in some other context (I don’t know what it is). And, it doesn’t solve the issue.

I was frustrated yesterday because it didn’t work, but I finally passed today. There must have been something I didn’t know. Thank you for your answer.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.