Meaning of Python, C++, C, React

Please I don’t really understand the meaning of python, C++, C, react, jquery or something like that.
I just wanna understand the meaning of the above. :pray:t4: :pray:t4:
I will also like to know how I can post my code from somewhere else(not the code I did on freeCodeCamp) on the forum.
Thanks

Hello and welcome,

python, C, C++ are programming languages and REACT and jQuery are JavaScript libraries. JavaScript is also a programming language.

Programming languages are used to tell the computer what to do. You give the computer step by step instructions ( algorithms ). Each language has it’s own syntax or rules define the order of the symbols, keywords, and punctuation that must be used in order for a program to be understood by the computer. It’s the closest to magic anyone is going to get for now. Plenty of programming languages are very similar so once you learn one it’s easier to take on others.

React and jQuery are JavaScript libraries. Libraries are prewritten reusable code used to make a task easier. React and jQuery are used to help build websites but jQuery is a little outdated but still somewhat used.

Here is a better explanation on the topic:
https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/a-gentler-introduction-to-programming-1f57383a1b2c/

1 Like

Can you explain what you mean by this. Like you want to post code that you have done for your personal projects? Anytime you want to post code in the form, then you want to follow the steps

When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (').

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.