Missing your personal codes/guides/solutions to challenges?

As the title reads.

Many hours spent making those personal notes/guides/solutions for the challenges.
Normally one can access solutions (along w. personal notes) for the challenges they complete.
My personal notes/solutions made across two years have disappeared, even though progression is not lost.

A few solutions are clickable for the challenges, however, clicking them gives:
“404 Ooops, we couldn’t find that page.” + a wall of red text ‘errors in red text’.

Is there a way that we can access our hard-worked-for personal notes/codes again please?
On another note, the new curriculum content is awesome.

Thanks,

1 Like

Same here, even before the new update my challanges only saved for a couple days before deleting themselves. I wouldn’t even mind sewing it to my own PC if it was a option.

Same here. Wondering if this is a design decision or a bug!

Everything that was previously associated with your profile is still there. There’s just some bugs related to viewing in your portfolio right now. Thank you for your patience.

1 Like

Click on the Curriculum button. You can see and go to your completed lessons there as well.

Having no issues with viewing the portfolio or going into completed sessions through the curriculum.

The question at hand is different. Once at/within the completed challenges, all our personal code is gone.
The solutions we came up with and notes we added, which explain how we solved the challenges are not there.

1 Like

There are two different types of saved progress for Free Code Camp: your profile and your browser cache.

Your completed challenges are all saved to your account in the FCC database. You can see the list of completed challenges and also the last submitted solutions by looking at your profile page.

Your progress tracking (map) is saved in your browser’s local storage. In-progress code is also saved in your local browser cache. Because FCC rolled out a completely new application, the old cached values are no longer valid. This is the same effect you would have if you cleared your browser cache. Especially as you get to more complicated challenges that may take multiple sessions, I strongly recommend saving your in-progress work outside of the browser cache. This is a good opportunity to learn the ins and outs of your GitHub account, but you can also just save locally or use a service like repl.it which allows for versioning.

This was the answer:

Have spent like 10 hours trying to figure out the best algorithm for the Lowest Common Multiple.
The code and notes (submitted solution) I made for it are not accessible by any means, including via the profile.
Cross fingers for an update soon.

Thanks,

thanks for this update, also awaiting the UI.