My Failure - Please help me

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.
Need help, the attached .jpeg will show you the error I am getting. Obviously, I am new to coding and need a lot of practice.

**Your code so far**

function checkObj(obj, checkProp) {
// Only change code below this line
var myObj = {
gift: "pony",
pet: "kitten",
bed: "sleigh",
city: "Seattle"
};
// Your Code Here
if (myObj.hasOwnProperty(checkProp)){
return myObj[checkProp];}

else {return "Not Found"};

// Only change code above this line
  **Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/91.0.4472.114 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Testing Objects for Properties

Link to the challenge:

I’m not sure where you found this variable, but you need to use the function argument obj instead of this single random object.

Hey There @KylerM

The objective of the challenge is to check if the object passed through the first argument has a property with the name in the second argument

The final code should be
MOD EDIT: SOLUTION CODE REDACTED

The reason it showed a syntax error was that you missed a parenthesis

Hope this Helped
Happy Coding

1 Like

You have no idea how long I have been tinkering with that… To be honest I moved on to another course entirely to avoid working on it haha!!

Thank you so much!

It is great that you solved the challenge, but instead of posting your full working solution, it is best to stay focused on answering the original poster’s question(s) and help guide them with hints and suggestions to solve their own issues with the challenge.

We are trying to cut back on the number of spoiler solutions found on the forum and instead focus on helping other campers with their questions and definitely not posting full working solutions.

Ok @JeremyLT
I am sorry I didn’t realise that
sorry :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.