My first project - feedback

Hii everyone. I just passed my first project but i want some feedback. I’m not good with designing. let me know what you guys think about it ? any feedback would be appreciated.it’s just a simple page.here’s a link:

In order to give you feedback, I (personally) would need to know what you are trying to achieve with the website (or by building the website). I apologize if that’s a stupid question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Also, look at it yourself. Imagine you don’t know how to code at all, and you are just visiting the site as a random guy: what do you think of it? How could it be improved? Let me know if you need technical details on how to do whatever you decide would be an improvement (though I myself am not great at design either).

1 Like

Thank you for your generous reply. I built that for just the ‘tribute page’ project but now I’m thinking about various way to make it look attractive. I do have certain thoughts about it but i don’t know how to do that or is it even possible to do it with html and css. firstly, how’s it look on different devices with different sizes. for eg. on mobile or computer. I was thinking about multiple slides thing like you click on one button and new page with different styles come up with new subject but interrelated to previous one. As i’m totally new to this field, i have limited knowledge but just trying to improve my skills. So, after completing this course, i will do the next one. once again thanks for your reply.

I’m not sure how to check different devices in codepen per se, but if you were to press ctrl+shift+i in chrome (or just go to settings+more tools+developer tools in whatever browser you use) you could view any webpage on any kind of device.

For styling I recommend using css grid and media queries. That’s the simplest way I know, and it works pretty well. If you want to design webpages pretty quickly, just write the css in chrome and it will update the visuals in real time.

As for the slideshow thing you proposed, that would require a little bit of JavaScript dom manipulation. You’ll probably learn more about it later.

Good luck, you’re doing great!

1 Like

That makes a lot of sense. Thank you for your help.

I am moving your thread to the #project-feedback subforum

all the best for your projects
MyBKExperience

1 Like

Thank you for doing that.

It is a very great first project. But certain suggestions from my side are :-

1. Make your website suitable for mobile users too.
  2. Try to use colours that would complement each other when put together. Even basic and not-too-bright colours look good on websites.
  3. Attention on certain grammatical mistakes of Capital letters, etc will do great to not let grammer-cautious users get distracted from your main content.

Hope this will help you and not discourage or make you feel low. It is indeed a very good first project, mentioned basic things can be rectified in seconds. I am sure your next project will be superb! Best of luck!