My Tribute page- for a person who inspired me

Hi All,
Kindly check out my page https://codepen.io/Keerthana23/full/JOGVrN/ :slight_smile: and give your feedback.It will be useful for me to improve my skills.

Hi @Keethana,

• Do not use lower levels to decrease heading font size:
<h1 class="text-center  text-danger  ">Velu Nachiyar</h1>
<h4> Lesser know  Facts about the Velu Nachiyar </h4>
<h6><em>Nachiyar's early years</em></h6>

MDN documentation:
<h1>–<h6>: The HTML Section Heading elements - HTML: HyperText Markup Language | MDN

Do not use lower levels to decrease heading font size: use the CSS font-size property instead.Avoid skipping heading levels: always start from <h1>, next use <h2> and so on.

HTML Standard

h2–h6 elements must not be used to markup subheadings, subtitles, alternative titles and taglines unless intended to be the heading for a new section or subsection. Instead use the markup patterns in the §4.13 Common idioms without dedicated elements section of the specification.

Common Idioms
HTML Standard

Cheers and happy coding :slight_smile:

I always enjoy seeing tributes to people, living or not, who inspire others. This is wonderful.
The only criticism I have and only meant as constructive, is incorrect grammar, punctuation, using capital letters where not needed, and incorrect usage of English words. The reason I mention this is that if you are doing a website for someone who wants it in the English language and wants it to look professional, then that will not be acceptable. Thanks!

Thank you @bbsamazon and @Diego_Perez for giving the feedback.
I have once again changed the page based on your suggestions.
Kindly let me know if it is proper now.

Also, I want to leave space between the button and the bottom line(Coded by…) I am unable to do it.Kindly help :):

• You can use a footer element plus margin (css):
<footer>
 Coded by Keerthana (India)
</footer>
footer {
 margin-top: 5%;
}

MDN documentation:
<footer>: The Footer element - HTML: HyperText Markup Language | MDN

The HTML <footer> element represents a footer for its nearest sectioning content or sectioning root element. A footer typically contains information about the author of the section, copyright data or links to related documents.

Example

<footer>
  Some copyright info or perhaps some author
  info for an &lt;article&gt;?
</footer

Cheers and happy coding :slight_smile:

Thank you for the edit and a brief, well-made explanation :slight_smile: I tried footer but margin property did not strike me! Thank you for helping me out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks much better!
To make a space, just use the less than symbol <, then “br”, then the greater than symbol >
Can’t type it the way it’s supposed to look, because then it would just perform the function… :blush:

1 Like