Nest the existing a element within a new p element. Do not create a new anchor tag. The new paragraph should have text that says View more cat photos, where cat

Nest the existing a element within a new p element. Do not create a new anchor tag. The new paragraph should have text that says View more cat photos , where cat photos is a link, and the rest is plain text.

Hello there.

Do you have a question?

If so, please edit your post to include it.

Learning to describe problems is hard, but it is an important part of learning how to code.

Also, the more information you give us, the more likely we are to be able to help.

thank you
I can’t finish this part. Help me۔
Nest the existing a element within a new p element. Do not create a new anchor tag. The new paragraph should have text that says View more cat photos , where cat photos is a link, and the rest is plain text.

Please post your actual code instead of a picture. Thanks

Nest an Anchor Element within a Paragraph

You can nest links within other text elements.

<p>
  Here's a <a target="_blank" href="https://www.freecodecamp.org"> link to www.freecodecamp.org</a> for you to follow.
</p>

Let’s break down the example. Normal text is wrapped in the p element:

<p> Here's a ... for you to follow. </p>

Next is the anchor element <a> (which requires a closing tag </a> ):

<a> ... </a>

target is an anchor tag attribute that specifies where to open the link. The value _blank specifies to open the link in a new tab. The href is an anchor tag attribute that contains the URL address of the link:

<a href="https://www.freecodecamp.org" target="_blank"> ... </a>

The text, link to www.freecodecamp.org , within the a element is called anchor text, and will display the link to click:

<a href=" ... " target="...">link to freecodecamp.org</a>

The final output of the example will look like this:

Here’s a link to www.freecodecamp.org for you to follow.

please ,
This is my task
please solve it .

The tests in the pic say use only one a element. Are you using only 1 ?

Also just copy paste and send the code. Dont break it down . Also send link the link to the challenge. It will be easier to help , thats why .

1 Like

Copy pasting the task description into a post is useful for neither of us… It is helpful for you to describe in your own words what problems you are having.

It would really help if you provided your actual code instead of a picture of your code. It’s hard to read pictures.

Also, that picture only has part of your code so it’s hard to know for sure exactly what isn’t correct in your code.

1 Like

if i send my all code
can you find
what wrong???

2 Likes

That’s the entire reason we want you to share your code.

When you put code in your post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (’).

1 Like

The info is vague , but the instructions clearly say nest your <a></a> element within a a new <p></p> tag.

To nest basically means to put something inside of something else .

Typical format (if going by the pic)

<p>
<a href="https://example.com" target="_blank">My Link</a>
</p>

how can i send my code ??
please tell me

Like this above

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.