Not Found because The package-lock.json file was created with an old version of npm

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.

I get an error when npm installing- The package-lock.json file was created with an old version of npm

what should i do?

Your code so far

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/102.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Meet the Node console

Link to the challenge:

We need to see your GitHub repo or your repl.it link for your project.

https://boilerplate-express-3.chloehhh.repl.co

Thanks for your reply. I just started backend basic node and express. After i npm installed, i npm start but the page shows a 404 error

That is normal and expected.

When I forked your repl.it project and clicked the Run button, the npm install and npm start ran automatically with no errors. I suggest deleting that project and re-click the boilerplate repl.it link for this section and see what happens.

Hi Randell, thanks for your response. I deleted all my old repos and restart a new boilerplate but got the same error message. I even clone and forked on my local machine and used vscode to install npm packages and npm start… the same result. I’ve attached the error message screen shot below.

I tried on different computer… the same result… do you happen to know what cause the problem?

Oh i just realized what you meant by normal and expected. please ignore my previous messages. no problems at this point. Thank you so much!