Not Found because The package-lock.json file was created with an old version of npm

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.

I get an error when npm installing- The package-lock.json file was created with an old version of npm

what should i do?

Your code so far

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/102.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Meet the Node console

Link to the challenge:

https://boilerplate-express-3.chloehhh.repl.co

Thanks for your reply. I just started backend basic node and express. After i npm installed, i npm start but the page shows a 404 error

Hi Randell, thanks for your response. I deleted all my old repos and restart a new boilerplate but got the same error message. I even clone and forked on my local machine and used vscode to install npm packages and npm start… the same result. I’ve attached the error message screen shot below.

I tried on different computer… the same result… do you happen to know what cause the problem?

Oh i just realized what you meant by normal and expected. please ignore my previous messages. no problems at this point. Thank you so much!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.