One query on my portfolio project plus any advice, suggestions

Hello guys, here is my portfolio project… I want an advice on one matter: in my portfolio section I want the size of the first image to align with all other images (all equal sized I mean). If you would see the portfolio on new tab, you will see that the vertical length of the first image doesn’t match with remaining images. I want all of them to appear equal sized. How should I do that. Here is the portfolio link: http://codepen.io/verv0eren/full/rLQqGg/

Also you can give any other suggestion & advises too.

Great start here!

Suggestions:

• Add more content. You could add a profile picture, links to your social media accounts, and/or links to your portfolio projects.

• Implement a mobile-responsive navbar. Bootstrap might be useful here.

• Perhaps try using a monochromatic or triad color scheme. I recommend using paletton for picking colors.

• Space out the portfolio items a bit more on medium-large screens so they aren’t touching each other.

• Have a native english speaker proofread your english for errors/style advice.

Awesome work so far bud! :smile_cat:

2 Likes

Hey @jinrawx very much thank you for those suggestions with useful links! I’ll try them.

Also can you enlighten me on following matter?: If you would see the portfolio on new tab, you will see that the vertical length of the first image doesn’t match with remaining images. I want all of them to appear equal sized by cropping the first image. How should I do that.

This mainly has to do with the the first image being a different size than the rest of the images.

For something like this, I would crop the first image using an image editing program so that it has equal proportions to the other images, and then import it into the page.

Alternatively, you can try using media queries and messing around with css properties like max-height, max-width, and height, and height. :smile_cat:

1 Like

hey thanks again… as you said, equal proportions i.e. same aspect ratio is the key. I was previously fooling around using pixels but wasn’t getting any results as images were of very different sizes. I cropped the image for same aspect ratio and it works now! (i used GIMP for editing btw.)

1 Like

Awesome! I’m glad you solved the problem! :smile_cat:

1 Like

You kept it nice and simple, which is great, I like the green color you chose too. Just a few suggestions: switch out your navigation tabs so that the “about” is first and the “contact” is last. Add your name on the first page (perhaps centered or pulled left).

1 Like