Package json challenge issue

I can’t pass the challenge using Code sandbox as my live page.

My code is the following:

{
  "name": "fcc-learn-npm-package-json",
  "author": "foobar",
  "dependencies": {
    "express": "^4.14.0"
  },
  "main": "server.js",
  "scripts": {
    "start": "node server.js"
  },
  "engines": {
    "node": "8.11.2"
  },
  "repository": {
    "type": "git",
    "url": "https://idontknow/todo.git"
  }
}

And the challenge returns me:

package.json should have a valid “author” key

Challenge: How to Use package.json, the Core of Any Node.js Project or npm Package

Link to the challenge:

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (’).

1 Like

I found a solution after tearing my hair out for about 20 minutes trying to use GitHub, understanding the repl site, and searching FCC forums to no avail.

Basically you have to use the URL in the virtual environment on the right side. Now you can either open in a new tab, or just copy the link from the virtual environment. I tried both. What I suggest is copying the link and then seeing if it works on FCC; if not, try adding a forward slash on the end when submitting.

See my attached photo. The URL I would submit on FCC would be https://boilerplate-npm-1.mitchelnelson.repl.co

1 Like

Thank you so much. I tried adding a forward a slash, using Repl and adding the right side URL of the virtual enviroment and nothing happened. Tho I had everything correct. I’ve used your url to pass the challenge (thanks)
If you want, but if not thats okay. Could you share me the boilerplate you are using? So that I can pass the second challenge, because I seem to have the same issue, but this time with the “description”.
My code:

{
  "author": "Joe Doe",
  "version": "1.0.0",
  "description": "This is a valid description",
  "main": "script.js",
  "scripts": {
    "test": "echo \"Error: no test specified\" && exit 1"
  },
  "keywords": [],
  "author": "",
  "license": "ISC"
}

Link to challenge

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.