Panels in the FCC interface

Hi this website is amazing and I am looking forward to going through it.

I just have a question about the 3 panels. The one on the left doesn’t text wrap if you don’t have it open completely so I need to use the scroll bars to see the whole content. I attached an image. Thanks any help is appreciated!

Hey! Welcome to the freecodecamp community forums.

If you’re talking about the horizontal scrollbars, then you can achieve the same effect by doing this. for example if you want to do that with a p element then :

p{
  overflow : scroll;
}

Hope this helped! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Hi Thank you!

I am talking about the left panel with the instructions for the lessons. I can’t modify that and have to use the scroll bars, e.g. on the left it says :

Here's a <a target="_blank" href=

and then I have to either use the grey scroll button or widen the panel to get the full text.

It’s just a little distracting but I’ll live if it can’t be fixed :grinning:

Yeah i was talking about the same thing. I actually thought you wanted to know how to implement that lmao

1 Like

Hmm… for me, as I narrow the browser I never get a horizontal scroll bar. At some point the layout transforms to a single column and uses tabs at the top to switch between the different panels. What browser/OS are you using?

P.S. I take that back just a little, I do sometimes get a small horizontal scroll bar for the far right panel (the output), but never for the instructions panel or code editor panel.

1 Like

the text wraps, if you mean the code blocks those are designed to not wrap for better readability

1 Like

Firefox. This did work, it gave me the tabs but like you said it’s narrow Thank you!

Thanks for that ilenia, makes sense!

Ahh, I think I misunderstood your original issue. You were referring to the code example in the left panel, not the panel itself. Ya, as @ilenia said, a lot of time code blocks aren’t designed to wrap but rather to scroll because formatting is important.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.