Personal portfolio page - Im stuck on story 10 and 11

Good day everyone!!

Hope you all having a great day!!

Please could you guys assist me with figuring out why im not passing stories 10 and 11.

2. The height of the welcome section should be equal to the height of the viewport.

The height of #welcome-section is not equal to the height of the viewport : expected 62 to be close to 133 +/- 0 AssertionError: The height of #welcome-section is not equal to the height of the viewport : expected 62 to be close to 133 +/- 0

3. The navbar should always be at the top of the viewport.

Navbar’s parent should be body and it should be at the top of the viewport : expected 33 to be close to 0 +/- 15 AssertionError: Navbar’s parent should be body and it should be at the top of the viewport : expected 33 to be close to 0 +/- 15

A few things are immediately jump out:

• section with the ID “welcome-section” has no closing tag
  • you’ve typed “#welcome section” (a section element that is a child of an element with the ID “welcome”) instead of “#welcome-section” in the CSS, so none of that CSS will be applied.
  • that element has been given a height of 0.
  • you’ve out everything in the CSS inside a media query for some reason, and you haven’t got a closing curly bracket for that
  • you’ve used position absolute for the nav, which means it is at the top of the page, not the viewport (position: fixed is used for that)

Thank you for your reply Dan, i understand story 11, and i corrected it. But im still not able to pass the last story. And I have the position as fixed.

Im sorry to bother, but could you please explain it to me.

I have figured it out. Thanks again @DanCouper

1 Like