Personal Portfolio Webpage : linking to local images?

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.
I’m wondering how (if) I can link projects to html files and images stored on my laptop instead of an internet based url

Your code so far

Some examples of my work

Waving Penguin

Hello.

You can do it, but only you will see it. In local.
In order for others to see it, you must upload your files to the internet or create a server on your computer.

Grets.

1 Like

I had the same idea sometimes back. But I found it impossible to reference images in my local machine in my freeCodeCamp projects. I thinks that’s because, the code and the image are in different directories. the fCC code we write is on an server/online directory and can’t use data on our PC. The only data it can use is data on online directories aka images on the internet.

Hope this makes sense :upside_down_face:

Thanks for that, Grets.
Probably not worth the effort to create my own server right now: let me get past basic html before I do that :smiley: !

Thanks Ruben - that’s more or less what I suspected, so I’ll just use the canned ones available from the example - to be fair I think the purpose of the exercise is to test one’s ability to create a nice looking webpage… the content is very much secondary to that!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.