Please help Step55-CatPhotoApp!

Instructions state to: Associate the text Loving with the checkbox by only nesting the text Loving in a label element and place it to the right side of the checkbox input element.

I thought I’ve coded it correctly but it continues to say to check my code - What am I missing??? Thank you in advance!!!

<input id="loving" type="checkbox"> <label for="loving"></label>

It is always better to paste your HTML in here instead of showing up a pic. To display your code in here you need to wrap it in triple back ticks. On a line by itself type three back ticks. Then on the first line below the three back ticks paste in your code. Then below your code on a new line type three more back ticks. The back tick on my keyboard is in the upper left just above the Tab key and below the Esc key.

But I am able to tell what your issue is from the pic. You didn’t give the label the text Loving.

Thanks so much for the feedback! Didn’t know about the backticks, will use that moving forward (just tried it below now and it works! - thanks so much!) when typing coding in the forum.

<input id="loving" type="checkbox"> <label for="loving"></label>

However, shouldn’t the for attribute match the id attribute? The id attribute is loving with lowercase L, so I wrote the for attribute the same. Or do you mean I’m missing additional text?

Yes, and you have done that correctly. I’m talking about the actual text for the label that shows up on the page. Look at the preview window. Do you see the text “Loving” next to the checkbox? That’s because you didn’t give the label actual text.

Omg, I just got it! I am so silly lol — thanks so much! Of course, that makes complete sense, I didn’t give the label actual text – appreciate the feedback!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.