Please help with Web portfolio - I can't need to add text on my image slider

Hello Guys,

I need help with my project. I have some few issues.

1. I can’t add image to my auto slide.
  2. There is a big space between my home and about page. The pages are not even line up properly.
  3. At my portfolio page the image place holders keeps falling out of the container.
  4. I use pixabay.com for images for the images keeps disappearing. I need to know how to keep the images there or can you help me an alternative way to get my own images in codepen. I use photobucket imgur onedrive google drive and dropbox and nothing works.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I think I’m understanding your questions correctly for the most part. Below I’ve numbered my answers to match your questions. I’m not very knowledgable about code, but I think I’ve found some solutions for you.

1. Just add an element to in place of your text within the html. BUT BE PREPARED, because this is opening up a can of worms in scaling and dimensions…

2. Change the height of your #home section.
    I used height: auto; and I think it achieved what you want. Just remember that min-height will keep your element from becoming smaller than your specifications while allowing no parameters for growth. You entered 100vh (viewport height), that means your #home section was taking 100% of the available viewing space on any given device. By setting the height to auto you set the height to accommodate what is inside the element and no more.

I think that for the second part of the question you’re referring to the “This is” not lining up with the slider? Just change your em from 1.5 to 1.8.

1. Not sure what you mean, perhaps you’ve already solved this…

2. Here’s a great link to using dropbox to hold your images. https://ryanmo.co/2013/11/03/dropboxsharedlinks/

Hope this all helps, good luck!
Brazenbillygoat

1 Like

Thank you for your help.

It helps. I will now submit the project.

Yes I was able to solve the other part.

Glad to hear it. Your page had lots of pizzazz, it was very eye catching.

1 Like

Thank you. I am not so confident on the design. I am thinking of changing it.