Please I need help in this CSS challenge. In building style blocks, I find it difficult to execute this challenge

Hello @blessedonyi,

First, could you give the link for the challenge and also give us your code? It is complicated to do with just an image, thank you :slight_smile:

Now, with what I see in the image, everything is in disorder:

<style>
<h2 {CatPhotoApp Color: blue;
}
</style>
</h2>

If you don’t see the mistakes here, I suggest you to read again the courses because they are things you didn’t understand.

They ask you to delete h2 element’s style attribute to create this style inside the style tags. So your h2 has to stay at the same place, just remove inside it the good attribute. At the top of your code, you have to create the style tag. So:

<style>
  h2 {
    /* your CSS properties */
  }
</style>
<h2>Title</h2>

It should look like this. As I said, read again well the course, watch also the example they gave you. :wink:

@LucLH, Thanks for putting me through but i still have issues with it. Please take a look at this:

h2{"color: blue;"}

CatPhotoApp

Yet the h2 has not turn blue. Thanks

HI can u send the code instead of a picture? Thanks.

Looking at the pic.
How do you make a h2 blue?

<style>
h2 {
   color:  yourColorGoesHere;
}
</style>

@Extoic, yes I can.

h2 {"color: blue;"}

CatPhotoApp

Hmm wrap them within three ` before and after the code. Remember to leave a line between the backticks and code.

Anyways,
Looking at the pic.
How do you make a h2 blue?

<style>
h2 {
   color:  yourColorGoesHere;
}
</style>

Delete the “” from
h2 {"color: blue;"}

Look where do you put your quotes. Watch the example into the class. I do you a quick resume for the syntax.

<style>
  h2 {
    /* your CSS properties */
    property: "value";
    /* Or on some cases */
    property: value;
    /* Wrong syntax */
    "property: value;"
  }
</style>
<h2>Title</h2>

The way you position your quotes is wrong and cannot work. As I told you, you should really focus on the examples gave into the courses, and try to understand the syntax of each of them. Without this, you will have more shortcomings.

Give him the answer is not the good strategy to help him. He has to figure out the issue by himself to progress and learn. He has to understand why he is wrong here.

@LucLH, thank you so much, with your guide I have been able to detect where the problem is. You have really encouraged me.

You’re welcome @blessedonyi! I am happy you arrived to figure out what was your trouble. Good luck for the next of the challenges! Again, read well the courses, they explain well and have good examples. Don’t hesitate to ask questions to the community if there is something you don’t understand. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.