I’m a total newbie at this coding thing. I’ve linked below my portfolio page and Tribute page.They are both very simple but please let me know what you guys think. I feel like my codes are a bit unorganized/messy… but maybe I’m just overthinking/criticizing? idk… …
Decided not to use any Java/jQuery since I don’t fully comprehend it yet and want to get comfortable with css and html first. Looking forward to learning more so that I can spice it up a lot. I saw some professional ones and all I can say is dang~~
anyways, thanks in advance!
Hey. Let’s start with the Tribute page:
- You have two Bootstrap versions in your pen settings. One is enough (keep version 4, it’is fine).
- There’s a class that does exactly what you did on your header image. In Bootstrap 3 it’s
img-responsive; in Bootstrap 4 it’s
- There is no
col-s-*class. In bootstrap 3 it’s
col-xs-*in bootstrap 4 it’s
col-*. Change your
col-autoif you want the div to just adapt the content inside of them (the result will be the same as what you currently have).
- Try to work a bit with padding to give some space to your section’s heading, they’ll look prettier.
- You have two Bootstrap versions linked here as well!
- Again, try to separate titles from content a bit more.
- Your social icons could be smaller; generally, content is always smaller than its heading.
- Try not to use so many different fonts, it’ll make your page feel more “unite”.
That aside, you did a good job on the pages’ responsiveness, which is something a lot of people struggle on. Nice work!
thanks for the feed back! I’ll make the changes and keep the advice in mind for future projects.